Sunday, November 18, 2012

Understanding this blog



I thought a lot about this blog this weekend.  I am often torn between conflicting thoughts concerning what should be said and what should be kept close.  I am a fool, if nothing else, and I have no answers to my dilemma. 

 Shall I:

talk of Christ,  rejoice in Christ,  preach of Christ,  prophesy of Christ, and  write according to the prophecies, that my children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.


and let your  preaching be the  warning voice, every man to his neighbor, in mildness and in  meekness.

it becometh every man who hath been warned to warn his neighbor.

Yet in my past, I have borne testimony of things I know now not to be true.  It is a terrible thing to contemplate.  I fear doing so again, considering how consistently I am learning more and more. 

And the Spirit shall be given unto you by the prayer of faith; and if ye receive not the Spirit ye shall not teach.

I do not want to deny the things that sing in my heart and cause me to rejoice either.  I do not want to fail my neighbor.  I want to testify of my King. 

My lips have not been purged by an angel with a live coal in his hand.  I have no commission from Christ.  Both the thought to write and to not write cause me to tremble.  So I am going to write, but I ask you to understand that my understanding is my own.  I am learning.

Here then is my statement:


I am nothing.  I have no earthly or heavenly credentials. Let my words stand or fail on their own. My only hope is that some may find they point to Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment